We have been living in our new-to-us house for about two and a half months now! There has been a lot of work put into the home but we expected that (not only because the previous residents trashed it but because it is also 126 years old!). But because we have been so busy with the inside of the house we had yet to start working on the very over grown bushes, trees and plants. Couple that with record setting rain and you have even more over grown bushes, trees and plants!
So today we decided to start in on the trimming and removal of our own little urban jungle.
Just from the front yard we took out two trailer loads of vines, ivy and random plants. We also cut out three rose bushes and eight Arborvitae trees! It already looks a million times better and we haven't even tilled and smoothed out the flower beds. I'll be sharing photos soon.
Until then, our Fall + Winter Yard Work Checklist:
Take down wire fence at the front of the back yard Cut down front Arborvitae trees, 8 in front Clear out front yard flower beds Cut down rose bushes, 2 in front and 1 on side
- Cut down rose bush and large palm style bushes next to driveway
- Cut down tree on right side of house
- Clear out rose bushes and blackberry brambles in back yard, left corner
- Take down old dog house, burn
- Clear out flowers and bushes in back yard, right corner
- Trim pear, cherry and plum trees
- Put wooden fence with two gates up in the front of the back yard
Possible Spring + Summer 2014 Checklist:
- Put wooden fence up along the backside of back yard
- Tear down shed in back yard, burn
- Rebuild a larger shop in same place for tools, storage, etc.
- Tear down current shed housing all of our tools and storage
I'm sure this list will be added to as we make more progress :) Have a great Sunday!